- Scott Marcinkow of Haper Grey LLP will answer your questions about Employment Law & Human Rights.
- Occupational therapists can encounter a number of issues when involved in Graduated Return-To-Work programs for clients and employers. It is in this context that Harper Grey offers a primer on Employment Law and Human Rights which will review:
- What is a disability?
- What is the Duty to Accommodate?
- What constitutes “Undue Hardship” when assessing the extent of accommodations?
- What are the employee’s obligations in the accommodation process?
- What are the employer’s obligations in the accommodation process?
- Sample cases
- Kathy Corbett, COTBC Registrar and CEO will speak on Accountability: The Heart of Professional Practice.
- Advancing occupational therapy in private practice is situated in ensuring professional accountability in everyday practice. Using cases, this presentation will reinforce key principles of professional accountability and application of COTBC standards of practice to support safe, ethical and quality practice. Approaches to improve practice and avoiding pitfalls will be explored.
- safeTALK, a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. safeTALK-trained helpers are an important part of suicide-safer communities, working alongside intervention resources to identify and avert suicide risks. Learn more here
This event has sold out in past, so book your spot now!