Proposed areas of change include:
- the number of regulatory colleges in B.C.
- Occupational therapy would be regulated by the College of Health and Care Professions of B.C., an amalgamation of regulatory colleges of many professions, including: chiropractors, dietitians, massage therapists, naturopathic physicians, opticians optometrists, physical therapists, psychologists, speech and hearing professionals, traditional chinese medicine practitioners, acupuncturists and the diagnostic and therapeutic professions
- college governance (including board size and composition)
- the oversight of regulatory colleges (including creation of a new oversight body)
- the complaints and adjudication process
- legislation regarding information sharing between regulatory colleges and other agencies
A full outline of the proposed changes is available here: Modernizing the provincial health profession regulatory framework: A paper for consultation
CAOT-BC is currently collaborating with stakeholders to prepare an official submission response to the consultation.
We strongly encourage all occupational therapists to provide your input to the steering committee through written submission or a 10-minute survey no later than January 10th at 4pm.