An exciting opportunity to travel to India and make a genuine, sustainable difference in the lives of people with disability in rural India.
Where: Amar Seva Sangam (ASSA), located in the rural town of Ayikudy, Tamil Nadu, is an organization for people with disabilities run by people with disabilities offering a range of services for adults and children.
Placement is facilitated by registered Canadian charity Handi-Care Intl.
When: January - December 2019
- ASSA regularly hosts OT and PT students from North American universities (UBC, Toronto, Ottawa, McGill, Western, Queens, Manitoba, McMaster, Sherbrooke, Dalhousie, Colorado) for clinical fieldwork placements.
- Interested applicants will be accompanied by and supervise 2-4 OT/ PT students from North America.
- Provide bedside mentorship and teaching to the 12 PTs, 2 OTs and 2 speech therapists working at ASSA with the goal of exchanging knowledge. Conduct seminars/workshops for the PTs, OTs and speech therapists.
- Direct client care will occur alongside mentorship and teaching.
- Area of focus can be tailored towards applicant’s experience/interest.