Monday 19 January 2015

cOnnecT with Richelle Emery

CAOT-BC Advisory Committee Member, Richelle Emery
I have worked as a front line OT in the public health system for the last 13 years. I currently work in the Home Health Program for Vancouver Coastal Health, and started in private practice, joining Community Therapists, just over a year ago. For the last 11 years my practice has focused on community dwelling adult and geriatric clients.

Like so many other OTs before me, I kind of stumbled onto OT accidently. At the time, OT was a profession that was unfamiliar to me, but it soon became clear that the profession had a lot to offer. I feel privileged to be part of a small but dynamic, passionate and ever growing profession and one that continues to provide opportunities for development.


I am volunteering for the CAOT-BC Advisory Committee to learn more about our BC association, to make connections with other OTs in the region, and to work on increasing public awareness of our OT profession. I look forward to the opportunity to represent and support my fellow BC Occupational Therapists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment